Agenda of conference
7:00am – 8:30
Reception and installation of participants and registration for round tables
- Plenary 1 : The contribution of decentralized cooperation to the implementation of decentralisation: Assessment, lessons for better support for local and regional authorities.
- Moderator: Mr. Jean Pierre Elong M’Bassi (UCLGA)
- Communication 1 : Decentralised cooperation and empowerment of local and regional authorities.
- Communication 2 : State of decentralised cooperation (progress, challenges, challenges and current challenges).
- Speaker 1 : Mr. Siméon SAWADOGO, Minister of Territorial Administration and Decentralisation.
- Speaker 2 : Mr. Idrissa SAVADOGO, Director General of Local Authorities
Reaction of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Burkina Faso
Work in round tables (06)
01:30pm – 02:30
Installation of participants and arrival of officials
- Opening ceremony chaired by HE the Prime Minister
- Welcome speech by Mr Armand Roland Pierre BEOUINDE, Mayor of Ouagadougou commune, President of the AMBF;
- Address by Mr Eric K. TIEMTORE, President of the ARBF;
- Speech Mr. Jean Pierre Elong M’Bassi, Secretary General of UCLGA;
- Speech Mr. François Albert AMICHIA, President of the Council of WAEMU Territorial Communities (WAEMU-CTC);
- Address by the Malian Minister of Decentralisation;
- Speech by the Lead Partner of technical and financial partners;
- Allocution du Chef de File des partenaires techniques et financiers ;
- Opening speech of His Excellency Paul Kaba THIEBA, Prime Minister.
- Inauguration and visit of the Exhibition of decentralized cooperation by HE Mr. PM accompanied by guests
- welcome drinks
- Next work round tables
10:15am – 11h45
- Plenary 2: Guidelines, action strategies and operational measures to strengthen decentralised cooperation in Burkina Faso.
- Moderation: Antoine Raogo SAWADOGO, President of Labo Citizenship
- Communication 1: What international contribution to decentralised cooperation can be made to strengthen local project management capacities?
- Communicator 1: Thierry CORNILLET, Member of the European Parliament, Head of the Advisory Service of the International Association of Francophone Regions.
- Communication 2: Strategies for mobilizing the financial resources of local and regional authorities: cases of successful experiences.
Communicators: AMBF Presidents and ARBF President
- Reaction of a Canadian elected official
- Feedback from a PLATFORMA representative
- Feedback from partners from Vienne and Brittany
- Reactions of AMBF partners (to be identified)
11:45am – 12h45
- Plenary 3: Synthesis of work (Reporting Committee)
- Presentation and adoption of the synthesis report
- Presentation and adoption of recommendations and commitments
- Presentation and Adoption of Motions of Thanks
- Lunch break
- Installation of participants
- Arrival of officials
- Meeting with HE the President of Faso
- Introductory speech by Mr Siméon SAWADOGO, Minister of Territorial Administration and Decentralisation
- Presentation of the conclusions of the workshops by actors
- Exchanges with His Excellency Mr. Roch Marc KABORE, President of Faso
- Final address of His Excellency Roch Marc KABORE, President of Faso
Closing dinner hosted by His Excellency Roch Marc KABORE, President of Faso
- Visit and stay of partners in local and regional authorities (free)
- Visit of tourist sites for those who stay in Ouagadougou (free, upon registration with the organising committee)
- Visit the Lango granite sculpture site;
Visit the pond to the sacred caimans of Bazoulé;
Visit of the Museum of Manéga
NB: “B to B” meetings will be held every day in parallel with the activities of the meeting to allow the actors to meet and exchange. A decentralised cooperation fair will also be held throughout the duration of the meeting.